Spectra Carbon (Hollywood) Peels are effective in treating acne. In fact, as few as three Hollywood/Genesis Peels can eliminate acne and its cause. Here’s how it works:
- A carbon mask is applied to the face. The carbon binds to the top layer of your skin and is absorbed into your pores.
- The carbon and skin are warmed using a low enegy laser pass to kill acne-causing bacteria inside your skin. The heat also disables the oil-producing glands.
- The carbon is then vaporized with a slighty higher energy laser pass which exfoliates your skin and reduces pore blockage.
- A slightly stronger laser pass is then applied to stimulate collagen production (helps reduce acne scars) and kill even more bacteria.
- After treatment, apply astringents such as witch hazel to close your pores. For best results, we recommend that clients undergo three Hollywood Peels three weeks apart.
- Between treatments, you apply astringents twice daily to close your pores. We recommend that acne clients get three Spectra Carbon Peels three weeks apart.