In the ever-evolving narrative of life, tattoos often bookmark significant chapters, moments of inspiration, or expressions of self. But as chapters close and new ones begin, what once felt like a fitting tribute no longer reverberates. Seeking to rewrite their skin’s tale, many are turning to Laser Tattoo Removal as a transformative solution. Especially with renowned establishments like Zapatat leading the charge, reclaiming one’s original canvas has never felt more attainable.
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
For those new to the concept or simply curious about the buzz, laser tattoo removal is a beacon of hope in body art revisions. It is a cutting-edge procedure designed to help individuals erase unwanted tattoos.
Frequently Asked Questions
As with any procedure, knowledge is power. The more you understand about the tattoo removal process, the better equipped you are to make informed decisions. Whether it’s concerns about pain or the number of required sessions, these FAQs aim to address the most common curiosities.
1. How Does the Tattoo Removal Process Work?
The method works on a principle called Selective Photothermolysis and employs high-intensity laser and super fast light pulses to penetrate the skin and break the ink particles into pieces that are small enough for your body’s own immune system to gradually take away. That laser pulses are so fast that only the most absorbent things (the ink) will heat and break without damaging the skin. That my friend is how Selective photothermolysis works!
2. Is Laser Tattoo Removal Painful?
The laser has no sensation! What you are feeling is the Ink breaking. The treatments do hurt but with a good lasers and skilled technician the treatment should be very fast and tolerable. Many clients who expect extreme pain say that it was nowhere near a bad as they expected. The sensation depends on the tattoo’s ink density and where it is on the body. Most describe the sensation as rubber bands snapping against the skin. Topical anesthetics can be applied to reduce the discomfort.
3. How Many Sessions are Required?
The number of sessions depends on the density, color of the tattoo ink. The depth of the tattoo ink matters too. (shading goes faster than line-work). Finally your age, the tattoo age, diet and health all are important factors.
With conventional (single pass) treatment removal requires 10-20 treatments ( about 2-3 years) With ART 4 pass sessions, 2-4 treatments (6-9 months)
4. Are There any Side Effects?
Immediately after a treatment redness, swelling, blistering are common. Blistering happens on the first treatment and is uncommon thereafter.
Potential risks of any laser treatment are the same but not that common with modern lasers and skilled techs. Skin lightening/darkening (Hypo and Hyper) is the main concern on darker skins and colorful tattoos. With proper aftercare scaring is very unlikely.
5. Nano Vs pico
Laser tattoo removal techniques and technology have increased effectiveness and safety. The speed of removal has only minimally improved with sub-nano (so called pico lasers). We tested Picoway, Enlighten and Pico4 and found them to have minimally better clearance than nano single pass treatments. Moreover, none were usable for multi-pass treatments.We prefer nanosecond lasers because ART is so much faster for laser tattoo removal. (months vs. years)
- Precise and Targeted: One of the main advantages of laser removal is its precision. Lasers can selectively target specific ink colors without damaging the surrounding skin.
- Effective on Various Colors: In addition, modern laser technologies can tackle a range of colors, including challenging hues like green and blue.
- Minimal Scarring: Compared to traditional methods like dermabrasion or salabrasion, Modern laser tattoo removal is unlikely to cause scarring.
- Progressively Permanent: Lastly, with each session, the tattoo fades more and more, leading to complete removal.
Drawbacks to Consider
While laser tattoo removal boasts a plethora of benefits, it’s crucial to approach it with a balanced perspective. Understanding its limitations ensures that your expectations align with reality, paving the way for a more satisfactory experience.
- Multiple Sessions Required: Full removal demands several sessions spaced weeks/months apart.
- Cost: The cumulative cost of multiple sessions might be a concern for some.
- Possible Discomfort: Many who expect lots of pain say it was not near what they feared.The laser doesn’t hurt but the Ink shattering in your skin is probably not the most fun part of your day!. While it does hurt, the laser passes are fast and tolerable. We do most laser passes in seconds. We eliminate about 50% of the sensation by pre-icing and use cryo air before, during and after the laser passes. With multi-pass the sensation is less and less with each pass.. We offer numbing cream which can lessen but not eliminate discomfort.
Thanks to Dr Rox Anderson’s invention of Selective Photothermolysis , lasers can remove tattoos with minimal risk of side effects. Rox also had the idea of multi-pass treatments. We tested the concept for almost a year to create ART fast Tattoo Removal.Zapata’s ART revolutionizes tattoo removal with removal in 2-4 sessions and in less than a year Laser tattoo removal has been our singular focus for 13 years. 40,000 treatments is more than any laser tattoo removal shop has achieved. We are blessed to have helped over 6,000 remove their unloved tattoos! (for most tattoos) If you’re ready to part ways with an unwanted tattoo we are here to make it like you never had that tat!.
Ready to rewrite your skin’s story? Discover unparalleled expertise and state-of-the-art technology with Zapatat. Schedule your consultation with Zapatat and begin your journey toward a clear canvas.